Skip to main content

Fall Favorites That I'm Ready For!

It's that time of year again! Every year I am excited for Summer weather for about a moth and before I know it,  I am counting down to the days when I will be able to wear over-sized sweaters, eat bowls of warm goodness and watch the leaves go thru a dramatic change. It's safe to say I have had Fall Fever since about July 4th and boy am I ready for the season to take it's full affect.

There are so many favorites that I have already started enjoying. Check them out below!



Bowls of soup and chili


via GIPHY
Oh yes, soup! From chilli, to chicken noodle, broccoli cheddar and a spicy gumbo, I love a big bowl of comfort food. While one can eat soup in the summer months (I'm sure Panera Bread didn't miss a beat), nothing compares to soup in the fall. Kick off the season by dusting off the Crock Pot - or finally buying one - and trying out some amazingly easy recipes! This year I plan on mastering white bean chicken chilli. Yum!

Boots

via GIPHY
Booties, combat, thigh highs and yes, even my classic wheat Timberlands...you name it and I am ready to break them out! A few times during the summer you can get away with wearing your favorite boots - on a rainy day or one of those random, cool days but the wait is over! It is finally fashionably acceptable to wear boots all day, every day. It is also highly recommended to shop for the latest styles of the season. 

 Sweaters

via GIPHY
I live for a cute sweater! Oversized, crop style, vintage print...I love them all. Nothing warms my heart more than switching out my closet and hanging all of my favorite sweaters. I can admit that I broke a few out during the warm months - blame the AC blasting in the office. Some of my favorite prints and styles I actually found at local thrift shops around town for under $5...Score!


Thanksgiving

via GIPHY
Now I know I am not alone when I say that I am beyond ready for Thanksgiving! The food, the gathering with friends and family and did I mention...the food! It's the one time throughout the entire year that you can eat all of your faves without feeling bad about it. I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to the most, baked mac and cheese or sweet potato pie. It's safe to say that I am counting down the days til I can have both! Yum!

Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. After the hustle and bustle of Spring and Summer, Fall is the time to relax, eat warm savory foods and dress in your favorite layers. Most importantly, it's the introduction to the greatest season of all...WINTER!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HELLA SCARED: Fear, Faith and Serenity

Issa Rae, Insecure, 2016 image source Can I admit that life scares me? Not always, but definitely from time to time. One moment I'm confident and rolling with the punches taking things as they come and the next thing I know I am panicking, having slight anxiety and worried about what will, or won't, happen next. As one can imagine, this gets frustrating! I in no way live my life in fear, but uncertainty drives me crazy sometimes. I want to know everything right now. I want to know where my career will end up, if I will reach my goals, if I'll ever get married, what my kids will look like, or if I will even get to see these things happen in my life at all. I know, it's a lot to take on all at once. Whew! One of the ways I have dealt with this fear of the unknown is to focus on the now. My mind wanders constantly. All day, every day. I am always thinking about what's next, what the next day will bring, if something will or will not happen and thinking 20 step...

Being Yourself and Winning

via GIPHY 2017 has been a year of victory for many women in the spotlight. We've watched Issa Rae go from being an Awkward Black Girl to an Emmy nominated CoverGirl, Cardi B make history on the charts and Auntie Maxine Waters reclaim her time and ensure her voice - and the voice of the community - is heard. More importantly, we've watched these women and countless others make these strides while being themselves and staying true to who they are. In the age of RTs and double clicks for likes, it is very hard to be yourself without the worry of facing judgement. One wrong post and one could face harsh ridicule, criticism and even online bullying. It's even harder when you're trying to chase your dreams in the public eye. Everyone is watching what you do, say and post extremely closely and, unfortunately, people will highlight the bad more than they praise the good you have going on. Despite all of this, it is very important to stay true to who you are. Take Ca...

The Survival Guide: Office Holiday Parties

Holiday time in the office is always so great. The company Christmas tree. The Christmas music. Everyone is excited for their travel plans and family time. And of course, we cannot forget the numerous holiday parties and luncheons taking place between November and December. It's the most wonderful time of the year! Whether you're new to a company's holiday culture or a veteran in the game, company holiday gatherings can be a bit overwhelming if you have multiple to attend and keep up with. From planning, attending, and adding your name the potluck sign up sheet, it is very easy to get events confused while trying to keep up with party planners and ensure that you're taking a dish that everyone will enjoy. Check out the following tips to get you thru the holiday parties this year! Join a Committee   Believe it or not, joining a committee is a great way to get involved and excited for the holiday office party. Whether it be decorating, catering or cleaning, lendin...